About Animal Chiropractic
Animal Chiropractic involves gentle mobilization of the spinal joints and extremities to restore proper biomechanics and nervous system function in your pet. Whether your pet is athletic or geriatric, chiropractic care may help to reduce pain and promote optimal function of the musculoskeletal system.
We work on all vertebrates; however, dogs, cats, horses, alpacas pigs and cattle are the most common. It is important to have your pet examined by a certified Animal Chiropractor regularly, even when there is nothing obviously wrong.
Much like Chiropractic care for humans, your pets can benefit from Chiropractic adjustments to keep them healthy and well throughout their life. Pet owners in Vancouver Washington, often report seeing increased energy, reduced pain or wagging tails after just a few treatments.
A certified Animal Chiropractor is a Chiropractor or a Veterinarian who has over 200 additional hours of instruction in the safe and effective treatment of animals using specific Chiropractic techniques.
If your pet is showing signs of problems, then Animal Chiropractic may be needed now!
You know your animal better than anyone. A change in behavior or mood is often a symptom that your pet is in pain, and might be caused by a joint that is not moving properly. Sometimes they may experience changes in appetite.
* Chiropractic benefits pets with both acute injuries and chronic conditions.
Your pet may benefit from chiropractic care if you notice any of the following:
- Your pet has difficulty rising from a lying down position or from sitting to standing.
- Your pet has muscle stiffness or weakness.
- Shaking /tremors in the limbs or the body.
- Mobility and gait abnormalities or limping.
- Different posture, i.e. hunched back, sitting on one hip rather than squarely.
- Your pet has been injured or there is a decreased performance in athletic ability.
- Bowel or bladder control problems.
- Changes in behavior, mood, or appetite.
What conditions respond well to Animal Chiropractic care?
- Osteoarthritis (Arthritis)
- Pain associated with hip dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease (slipped disc)
- Idiopathic Lameness
- Weakness in a leg
- Urinary Incontinence
- Sports injuries
- Other neurological conditions
Pet owners report the following benefits and changes in their animals after they have received Animal Chiropractic care:
- Less pain medications required (or none at all)
- Pet is more comfortable and happy!
- Improved mobility
- Improved gait
- Improved bladder control
- Increased energy and improved health
- Better temperament and mood
- Improved athletic performance
- Pet is more playful
* Notice: Animal chiropractic is system of complementary medicine based on the treatment of misalignments of the joints, especially those of the spinal column, which are held to cause other disorders by affecting the nerves, muscles, and organs. Animal chiropractic is best utilized along side veterinary care and Dr. Kremer does not claim to diagnose or treat anything other than chiropractic misalignments, and corrects them using gentle techniques. In turn, most pets experience enhanced health benefits, prevention of disease and pain reduction. Dr. Kremer encourages veterinary care, as recommended by your primary veterinarian.